Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 12:26:32 -0500
From:      Rick Siple <RickSiple@mpainc.com>
Subject:   Reverse IP lookups for cdrom.com?

	Dumb question from an internet novice.  When my company changed
internet service providers, somebody fumbled the ball and forgot to tell
out new provider to that they should be maintaining out inverse lookup
DNS zone (the .in-addr.arpa zone, in case I have the terminology wrong)
as well as our normal zone (mpainc.com).  (This seemed very odd to me,
why would they maintain our primary DNS for mpainc.com but not for the
inverse zone?)  So for four days we were functioning without our inverse
lookup zone.
	During this period of time some mail was, understandably,
undeliverable.  (Spam blockage I am assuming.)  There were also, though,
several web sites that did not respond.  cdrom.com was one of them.
After ARIN fixed our registration cdrom.com started working.  Just
wondered if and why cdrom.com was attempting a reverse lookup for web
browsing.