Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:24:54 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New name?

I had some email with Tim Parker, the "technical editor" of SCO World,
and he said that "...FreeBSD is a good product, but quite frankly
Caldera's version of Linux is much better...".

I told him he should substantiate such an afirmation with benchmarks,
and that I was particularly sure that Linux would not get up after a
power failure if it was doing a hard disk operation.

Of course I never got reply...SCO World is not a technical
magazine..it's not even a UNIX magazine anymore :(. Perhaps FreeBSD
should try to join other OS's to contract a benchmarking firm?

	Pedro.