Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 02:54:30 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, dfr@nlsystems.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, dfr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more WebNFS merge bugs, one serious

>> because for old mount binaries, the extra field in export_args is taken
>> from the uid arg, the uid arg is taken from the gid arg, the mode arg

>Sigh.  How do you think I should fix this?  It would be hard to cope with
>the old structure since the args are different for each mount.

Perhaps there should be some version numbers or spare fields to prevent
or delay it happening again.

>Thanks for the fixes.  Is the hash stuff still used by the name cache?  I
>can't remember exactly what Poul did to it when he was changing the cache.

It seems to be.  I think the value calculated by nfs_namei() just isn't
used.  lookup() always calculates it.

BTW, many tsleep strings in nfs are too long or not unique.  They get
truncated by ps(1) and mess up the formatting in ddb.

Bruce