Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 23:38:36 -0600
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: enough about linux and microshit

Drew Baxter wrote:
> For the longest time I had an ls.bat in my C:\ on my windows machine as
> well, because I got screwed up crossing the platforms.

% ls /msdos/*bat
/msdos/pwd.bat
/msdos/ls.bat
/msdos/rm.bat
/msdos/mdir.bat
/msdos/cp.bat
/msdos/mv.bat

It's edited a bit , but it's there :-) Most DOS machines I now inhabit
have at least "ls.bat".

% ruptime
host1        up   2+22:25,     1 user,   load 0.34, 0.64, 0.49
host2        up  30+03:27,     2 users,  load 0.00, 0.27, 0.40

This is interesting because a) I'm on utility power [no UPS] and b)
host1 is my "play" machine with all the games on it. host2 is the
386DX-40 firewall/router. It's been doing that job better than a year.
Something is to be said about the stabilty of FreeBSD... The 386 was
rebooted last month, after the addition of another hard drive. Maybe I
should rename the machine to "Energizer" :-).
--
Kris Kirby
UAH Mail <kirbyk@email.uah.edu> UAH CS <kkirby@cs.uah.edu>