Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 10:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/10182: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=5038

The following reply was made to PR docs/10182; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:48:31 +0100

 Anders Nordby wrote:
 > Why is there a HTML link inside the uuencoded data on this page?
 > It seems you're parsing text with a # and a number after it as a
 > HTML-link, which isn't very good for encoded data like that. ;)

 This is due to the PR reference matching regexp in query-pr.cgi.

 Line 206 of query-pr.cgi begins:
   $line =~ s%(\WPR[:s# \t]+)([a-z386]+\/)?([0-9]+)

 The uuencoded text contains the string PR#63, which query-pr.cgi
 assumes is a reference to another PR.

 The script could be modified to ignore uuencoded data, but the
 problem would still occur if someone includes the string PR#63 or
 similar in a patch, for example.

 I suggest the best way to fix this might be for query-pr.cgi to have
 an "as_text" option which doesn't do any special parsing of PRs.

 Tom