Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:13:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Wilbur <matt@efs.org>
To:        Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Drive/Partition Copying Utilities

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Chip Morton wrote:

> If there are any freely available utilities that perform these tasks, I'd
> love to hear about them.  Otherwise, if anybody has any experiences
> (positive or negative) with any commercially available tools that can get
> the job done, I'd like to hear about that too.  I have NTFS, FAT32, Linux
> and FreeBSD partitions that I'm trying to deal with, so any subset of the
> above would be good.

Were you just talking FreeBSD, I'd suggest dump and restore, but with that
hodgepodge, you're probably best off using ghost (www.symantec.com). Works
very well, and can 'grow' partitions on the fly during the
disk cloning.. so you can keep your winders/linux slices the same and make
lots more room for FreeBSD :)  Ghost's well worth the price..

HTH,
Matt