Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:04:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Greg Prosser <greg@straynet.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading just bind

on Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Kris Kennaway babbled ..

;; >     cd /usr/src/lib
;; >     make obj
;; >     make
;; >     make install
;; >
;; >     cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/named
;; >     make obj
;; >     make clean
;; >     make
;; >     make install
;;
;; I don't think that covers it. For example, you missed
;; libexec/named-xfer (not relevant to the security vulnerability, but
;; may cause operational problems).
;;
;; Kris

So what is The Right Way to do this?

Running a make in /usr/src/contrib/bind fails because it can't find a
'bsd' directory in lib/ .. I guess I have to track down all my binaries
and build them in their places in the source tree? (make in
/usr/src/usr.sbin/named, named-xref, etc)

Also, making named by itself pukes with lib errors, I guess that would
dictate I have to rebuild some libs? Which ones?

-gp

--
              g r e g @ s t r a y n e t . c o m
|___  |__| |_____|___  | efnet irc operator, irc.fasti.net