Date:      Sat, 03 Apr 1999 02:28:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Darren Pilgrim <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Installation Guide Project [Was: Re: FreeBSD Adovcacy]

> Then my intentions would be to significantly overhaul the Handbook.

The current "owner" of the handbook, in the position of FreeBSD
Docmeister, is Nik Clayton and the freebsd docs team.  Whatever you
can "sell" to them is what will probably happen (and vice-versa) so
I'd suggest that you simply start working up a set of suggestions for
them all on doc@freebsd.org and see where it all leads.

The process of "overhauling the handbook" during any of its previous
incarnations honestly hasn't much more formalized or involved than
that given that the folks in question also had a fair idea of what
they were doing and what the various SGML-related constraints on the
process were.  Assuming that the same holds true for any future Don
Quixotes out there, I can see any number of significant Handbook
overhauls occurring in the future. :-)

- Jordan