Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 2002 22:59:39 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD invades Windows

At 01:20 AM 3/7/2002, Ryan Thompson wrote:

>I'm doing a presentation on a system I have under development with
>FreeBSD at the heart of it all. The projection facilities, are,
>unfortunately, limited to the Windows computer at the site.

Do your slides in HTML. They'll then display on anything, and will
even be accessible to the blind via a text-based browser.

>Since I don't have much choice, I figured I may as well have a little
>fun. :-) Does anybody know where I might be able to find any FreeBSD-
>related mouse cursors that can be made to work on a Windows system
>without too much hassle? Something perhaps like Beastie, with the tip
>of his trident as the hotspot. Totally useless for everyday use, but
>maybe a good ice-breaker presenting to a bunch of people that would
>actually get the meaning. :-)

Do you have a Windows cursor editor? IIRC, Windows cursors are just
bitmaps with a special color table entry for the hot spot. But they
have to be compiled as Windows resources.

--Brett