Date:      Wed, 1 May 1996 18:09:56 +0100
From:      tonyc@compnews.co.uk (Tony Clark)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Toshiba T2110 portable laptop.

Toshiba T2110 (b/w) 4MB MEM/330HD twoslot PCMCIA laptop 486/DX

After successfully installing FreeBSD 2.1.0 onto my Compaq Laptop i've been
asked to install it on another laptop (Don't ask me why but its a very poor
spec :) )

When loading the kernel from boot.flp its gets right to the very end and throws
up the following error (before loading (sysinstall)).

DEBUG: IOCTL(3, TIOCCONS, NULL) = 0 (success)

Fatal trap 12:	page fault while in kernel mode

fault virtual address		=	0x0
fault code			=	supervisor read, page not present
instruction code		=	0x8:0xf018c82d
code segment			=	base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
				=	DPLO, pres1, def32, gran1
processor eflag			=	interrupt enable, resume, IOPL = 0
current process			=	1 (sysinstall)
interrupt mask			=	net tty bio

and reboots....

I have also booted using -c and removed any conflicting IRQ's (of which they
were 25 :).

Any help or advice would be greatly accepted.

Tony....

--

Little Tony........

Systems Administrator (PA Data Design)