Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:04:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Microsoft's Open Source strategy (was: Ariel Faigon: The Holloween Document (fwd))

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> [dammit, I want this on -chat]
>
> On Monday,  2 November 1998 at  0:01:43 -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:
> >
> >> [following up to -chat]

> >> This isn't -hackers material.  I'm currently reading the full version
> >> (which I've tidied up a bit of remnants of Microsoft formatting and
> >> put at http://www.lemis.com/microsoft-tactics.html).
> >
> > I doubt this document has come from microsoft.
>
> Did you read the entire document?  I haven't yet.

Most of it..
It seems terribly unprofessional and rather unlikely to me that it is a
document of any importance. It sounds like something that might be written
by some Linux groupie if he was trying to pull off a 'consultant'
gig with microsoft.

> > It smells of "linux fanatic's daydream" to me..
>
> Then the Linux fanatics must have come up with more credible
> impersonation skills than I would have attributed to them.

I don't know..
I kinda wonder if eric wrote it himself.

julian