Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 10:51:18 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What laptop should I buy?

According to Darryl Okahata:
>      The sleek VAIOs are attractive, but the lack of a built-in CDROM
> drive was what killed it for me.  However, if you don't need a CDROM
> drive, it's a great laptop.

I decided that as a FreeBSD only machine, the builtin ethernet port on the 'Z'
VAIOs was enough and the lack of a builtin CD-ROM wasn't.  The small factor of
my Z505SX is more important for me than the screen resolution (although
1024x768x16 on this 12.1" is nice).

Having carried two Tadpole laptops (SPARCbooks) a few years ago, I certainly
prefer a lighter laptop :)

YMMV of course.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #78: Sun Feb 27 15:32:39 CET 2000