Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 22:30:13 -0600
From:      Mike <muck@ida.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What else goes with it (was Re: New name?)

Das Devaraj wrote:

> One quick anecdote - a buddy of mine, an NT admin, wanted to
> desperately setup a Unix server at his work -- resume reads
> better, he gets more money, now that he knows Unix etc).
> My recommendation was to go with FreeBSD.  Since the whole
> show was happening at his office, could not really help him
> more than that.  In more than a month, he could not get his
> system up and running.  Too many things to read.

So, he wanted to put on his resume that he was a Unix sysadmin, but he
didn't want to actually learn what it took to be one?  How is it that
you would suggest learning something?  Osmosis?  Reading has always
worked well for me.

A lot of powerful options in FreeBSD are enabled by changing a line in
/etc/rc.conf from NO to YES.  That's hard?

Mike