Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 08:49:26 -0600
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-19990202-SNAP a.out problem

In message <rd6k8xydz58.fsf@world.std.com>, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
} "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com> writes:
}
} > > What about XFree86 a.out libs?  netscape needs those too.
} >
} > What about them?  Those are bundled with XFree86, last I checked, and
} > not of any immediate concern.
}
} Okay, then: what's the recommended way of upgrading X after an upgrade
} from 2.2-STABLE to 3.x-STABLE?  I've upgraded X with binaries several
} times before, but I can't seem to find the new ones at the moment.
} Upgrading from the ports system should be easy, but that would involve
} getting and compiling *all* of the servers, which seems kind of
} inefficient.

You don't build all the servers; the configure script is interactive
and asks you which servers to build and install.

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com