Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:09:03 -0800
From:      slumos@nevada.edu
To:        grafe@lab12.ie.pitt.edu (Gary Rafe)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anything equivalent to the Toshiba Libretto ?

grafe@lab12.ie.pitt.edu (Gary Rafe):
>Now she's asked about something more portable
>for travel to Eurpope,
>along the lines of the Libretto series.
>Since new Librettos (Libretti ?)
>seem no longer to be available in the US,
>can some knowledgable mobile- reader recommmend an equivalent
>(read: small, light, can run FreeBSD
>without much loss of functionality) ?

There are some companies that import laptops from Japan:

http://www.dynamism.com/
http://www.jpd.com/

I don't know anyone who has purchased from them, I just happened
to find them a couple years ago while net.searching for IBM PC110
(I think that's what is was called), and I look at them periodically
to see all the cool, *small* notebooks.

The both carry the Libretto with the built-in camera and MP3 player
remote, and also the Sony PCG-C1XF Picturebook.

Steve