Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2001 01:05:42 -0600
From:      "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFilter 3.4.16? ftp-proxy and bimap broken on 3.4.8?

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 12:25:55AM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Can anybody lead me to a method of installing ipfilter 3.4.16 onto a FreeBSD
> 4.2-STABLE (02012000) machine?  I am having trouble with 3.4.8 that comes
> standard with FreeBSD.  It seems that the ftp-data port is not properly
> handled during ftp proxy and bimap does not seem to work either.  It seems
> to translate outgoing packets OK, but incoming packets (setup) do not ever
> reach the internal machines.  The ftp-proxy seems to fail no matter whether
> I run nat using bimap or map the entire address range to one IP address.

If you install as a kernel module, then I believe you just follow the
instructions in the INSTALL.FreeBSD file. If you actually build it into
the kernel, then you must modify the instructions a bit.

make freebsd4

make install-bsd

Freebsd-4.0/kinstall

change "#include <osreldate.h>" to "#include <sys/osreldate.h>" in
several files in /usr/src/sys/netinet/ (sorry cannot remember which
ones)

<rebuld kernel>

reboot

HTH,
--
Victor R. Cardona
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 62B1 7995 A830 432C 74E8  1337 EDDB E682 3C76 7404