Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:59:45 -0500
From:      Seth <seth@psychotic.aberrant.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web page suggestion

Thanks.  I'll try to get something together in the next couple of days.

Just for clarification, I'm not suggesting rewriting the installation guide or
any part of the handbook.  It just occurred to me that since one of the
core products of the Group is this incredible OS, it might deserve a link off
the front page for easier access, with a clear indication of what the current
-release version is that people are grabbing.  This page would be the ideal
place to provide links to Appendix A and any other installation guidelines
that are out there, with a summary of each.

Again, the proof is in the pudding, so give me a chance to develop some
of these ideas into a prototype page.  It'll be HTML, since I don't know
SGML. :)

--Seth.

P.S.: not volunteering here (since I don't know the language), but the
Spanish website seems to be advertising 3.4 as the latest release:

http://www.freebsd.org/es/releases/index.html