Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 22:24:59 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Daniel Ortmann <ortmann@sparc.isl.net>
Cc:        Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (over)zealous mail bouncing

> Sir, try to ping my machine.

Irrelevant - see below.

> My .mc file causes sendmail to directly send out the mail, but
> munges the mail so that it appears to be coming from the domain
> where I can receive my mail.

So you patch around the problem at the last minute, rendering this no
longer an issue for your mail.  No problem then, because it was mail
delivery we were talking about - whether I can actually send packets
directly to your machine is of little interest to me since the odds of
my actually ever needing to do so are extremely small.

					Jordan