Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 16:03:53 -0700
From:      "David Shanes" <dshanes@personalogic.com>
To:        "James Love" <love@cptech.org>
Cc:        "chat@freebsd,org" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux as an alternative to Microsoft

Mr. Love,
    I would like to take a minute of your time to personally thank you and
your organization for giving FreeBSD its well deserved look. Additionally,
the fact that you are reviewing alternatives to a Microsoft world deserves
thanks.
    I am confident that you will find it to be comparable to Linux in many
ways and to outperform it in others. Also having a single source for all
FreeBSD related documents, frequently asked questions and the operating
system itself (http://www.freebsd.org) has strong merits that Linux cannot
claim.
    Good luck with your efforts and may they come to fruition. I hope that
the next personal computer that I purchase is bundled with FreeBSD.

Sincerely,
David
David Shanes                                   7535 Metropolitan Drive
dshanes@personalogic.com          San Diego, CA  92108
Database Developer                       (619) 220-5800 x228
PersonaLogic, Inc.                           (619) 220-5899 (fax)
http://www.PersonaLogic.com