Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 1997 10:15:29 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard and -current; a long way to go. :-(

> o Of course I'm planning to move to 3.0-current.  I'm working on 2.2
>   because I want to advertise FreeBSD to Japanese market (about half
>   of PC's in Japan is laptop), and I have only one laptop for
>   develpment. I got a new laptop (Toshiba Libretto 50 CT US version)
>   last week and I'm planning to install 3.0 to the old one.

That's very promising news, thanks.  We also have some issues to work
out with the startup and installation code before it's going to work
as seamlessly as I think we'd all like it to (ref my other comments
about sysinstall's writing of config data to rc.conf for the general
case not playing well with the pccard case).  Perhaps when I come to
Japan this fall (date not set yet, but it's looking like some time in
September) we can have dinner someplace and talk about it? :)

					Jordan