Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2001 22:30:38 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AMD, pwd and WRKDIR

Some time before 4.2-RELEASE AMD has been updated to use /.amd_mnt instead
of /amd as mount-point.

Now, my ports collection resides in an automounted directory, and when I
set WRKDIR for the ports collection to /tmp, the ports build and install
fine, but /tmp remains ``empty'', as the port machinery takes the full
path as used by AMD and creates /tmp/.amd_mnt/fileserver/disk/dir/...

This is bad[TM], but I don't know how this should be fixed.

To -STABLE:  Ideally, `pwd` would return a *logical* path, that is,
  /amdtable/dir/... instead of /.amd_mnt/nfsserver/disk/dir, but I don't
  know whether this can be done.

To -PORTS:  At the very least, and short-term fix, I recommend
    `pwd` | sed -e s#^.amd_mnt/##
  or
    `pwd` | sed -e s#^.amd_mnt/fileserver##
  instead of of a plain `pwd` to determine the pathname under $WRKDIR.

Gerald