Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:52:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        yxw@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading errors in /usr/src/lib/csu/i386-elf/crtbegin.c

In article <36BB0DE9.41C67EA6@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>,
Xiaowei Yang  <yxw@mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to update my current 2.2.6-Release system to RELENG_3. When I
> was makeing buildworld, I got the following errors. Can someone help me
> fix it?
>
> Thanks a lot!

>  /usr/src/lib/csu/i386-elf/crtbegin.c -o crtbegin.o
> /usr/src/lib/csu/i386-elf/crtbegin.c:30: section attributes are not
> supported for this target

For this upgrade you can't use "make buildworld".  You have to use
"make aout-to-elf-build" and "make aout-to-elf-install".  Look at
the big comment in "/usr/src/Makefile", and also search the -current
mailing lists for information.

John
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
                                                            -- H. L. Mencken