Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:21:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Benchmarks

[ Please -- if you choose to reply to this, just post to -advocacy.  Take
my name off it; I'll see it when it hits the list.  Thanks!  SB ]

Just something that was posted to #freebsd yesterday.  I think it's pretty
interesting for a couple reasons I'll mention below:

 http://www.mindcraft.com/whitepapers/nts4rhlinux.html

benchmarks, and file server benchmarks (using samba).

What's hidden in here is that Microsoft sponsored this test (paid
Mindcraft to do it, I guess).

Something I found interesting.  There was a post a while back that
suggested that Microsoft would not allow benchmarks of its own products to
be posted by 3rd parties.  Did I misread this?  If not, it seems mighty
unfair of them to post benchmarks only when it's in their interest to do
so.

I wonder how FreeBSD would stack up in these tests.

Enjoy...

SB