Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:30:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ryan Snedegar <ryan@positronic.net>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Benchmarks

I believe that the stipulation of no benchmarking applies to MS SQL
server.  I don't recall any such ban in the NT Server License itself, but
let me go dig up a copy and re-read it.    /. is having a field day with
this one, something like 600 messages have been posted in regards to it...
Independant testing results (ie, not paid for, run by a non involved third
party, with full disclosure of methodology, hardware, software, and
benchmark settings used) are the only way to get anything resembling fair
results.  On the other hand, anyone who wants to run tests vs. NT now has
a nice set of parameter to tune with.

Ryan Snedegar				ryan@positronic.net
You like cats too?			Let's trade recipes!!!