Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 07:30:48 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slashdot

On 15 Apr 99, at 11:58, Bill Swingle wrote:

> Here's the interesting part:
>
>     "I wish more BSD stuff came down the pipe here, but Linux just
>     has the vast majority of the submissions here too."
>
> Let's make his wish come true! I guess I was under the impression that
> most attempts at getting BSD stuff posted had failed. Hopefully this is
> really how he feels.

FWIW: I have had private communication with someone from slashdot after
having expressed sentiments that slashdot seems to be very linux oriented.
 I was given the same impression as that which can be gleaned from the
quote you pasted.

If we send it, it will be published.  They have put stuff up about The
FreeBSD 'zine (http://www.freebsdzine.org/).  Twice I think.

In a similar vein, http://www.linuxtoday.com has included an article I
submitted about my web site.  So despite the name, they are not adverse to
FreeBSD article.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary