Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 22:57:07 -0400
From:      "Kamalov" <kamaloff@escape.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Revolution 3D by Number Nine

Hello,

I recently purchased FreeBSD 2.2.7 and I am having problems with X Windows.
It is not displaying. My graphics card is Revolution 3D by Number Nine and
there is no driver supplied by FreeBSD 2.2.7 so I am choosing I128 instead
because Rev.3D is based on this chipset. But still it is not displaying. I
tried I128 (by Number Nine) on my RedHat 5.1 and it worked, but its not
working here. What should I do? By the way what RAMDAC should I choose ?

My computer specs are as follows:

                                                     NEC Direction SPL 300
PII
                                                     64 RAM, 8.4GB,
                                                     NumberNine Revolution
3D video card
                                                     4 megs of VRAM

I tried different combinations, including booting up from a default 16color
VGA driver by FreeBSD, but it started displaying in black and white.
                 I need your help ASAP, please.
If you could walk me through, it would have been terrific!

                                             Thank you very much.

                                              Alex