Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:43:55 +0800
From:      Craig Beasland <craig@hotmix.com.au>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions List'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Netgear Router.

Hey there,

I have just received my new Netgear RT 328 router for use with FreeBSD
2.2.7.

I now have a whole new lot of headaches, currently I connect to the Internet
via userland ppp and an external ISDN T/A.  No problems.

Now with the Netgear I am a bit lost.  I have a c class of routable IP
number which I use for other servers and bits and pieces, my ISP assigns me
another IP number for my router and gives me a third IP for their adjacent
router.  The IP numbers that my ISP gives me are from a different subnet
than my c class.

Has anybody used the Netgear RT328 for this - or does anyone have any hints
for me.  My problem seems to be in routing.

I realise these numbers are not routable - mine are I promise.
So my c class 192.168.168.0
My ISP assigns me 192.168.160.1
My ISPs router 192.168.160.62

My BSD box is 192.168.168.2 - my router is 192.168.168.1.  It is assigned
192.168.160.1

I add a default route of 192.168.168.1 top my BSD box and my windows clients
use a gateway of 192.168.168.1.  Is this correct?

cheers & thanks in advance
Craig Beasland
Hotmix Group
craig@hotmix.com.au