Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:35:31 -0700
From:      "Information Services" <infoserv@windermere.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Firewall: natd support for 400+ users?

Thanks a lot for the help on my firewall questions! Anyway, I've gotten a
few things straightened out now with our firewalls. The issue now is that I
support LANs at 10 remote offices for a Portland, OR real estate company,
each with its own firewall. Each office has about 20-30 users. We are
currently going merge these networks and put them behind a single firewall
using private addressing. Each office will be connecting to our corporate
office using T1s. I need to determine the right hardware/software to support
NAT and firewalling for this machine at the corporate office. The bottom
line here is that I want to know what pre-built hardware/general software
configuration recommendations would be good for this situation and whether
natd will function well under these conditions. Should I consider
esoft.com's Instagate or get a Dell PowerApp.* server? Thanks a lot.

Kevan Olhausen