Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 06:36:49 -0400
From:      "Mark Ballard" <mark@imsnet.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Help boot error rc.conf

Please help

I made a boo boo in rc.conf file that needs edit. However, the system will
not let me edit after the enter for sh prompt. The file system is read only.
boot -s does the same thing. All I need to do is stop the sys from booting
the rc files and edit.

The sys is v4 on 586 and was working until my head space error.

Two years back I had a problem like this and changed some variable in the
loader. However, I cant find that document page. Use to be help for things
like this in the floppy distribution ftp dir. However, it seems to have been
cleaned out.

Will someone please help?

Please?

Mark S. Ballard