Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 14:23:09 -0700
From:      "Jeremy Buckner" <jeremy@cableaz.com>
To:        <pat@databits.net>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: hlds-3.1.0.8.0a_1

I'm sure you get questions all the time so I will try to
keep it brief. I have loaded a few HL servers before with no
problems. Today I put one together and I am getting
something weird.

cs# ./hlds_run -game cstrike +ip 63.241.150.50
Host_Init
Added packfile
/usr/compat/linux/usr/games/hlds_l/valve/pak0.pak (985
files)
Protocol version 45
Exe version 4.1.0.8
Exe build: 15:09:28 Sep 17 2001 (1789)
WON Auth Server
couldn't exec language.cfg
Server IP address 63.241.150.50:27015

Than from here it just stops and doesn't load the map or
anything.

Now I know that it says that if you see "Auth Server" that
you have the wrong version or something but I loaded
everything brand new. This is what's in there:

cs_13_full.tar.gz
hlds_l_3108a_up.tar.gz
hlds_l_3108_full.tar.gz

Obviously linux_base is loaded and enable in rc.conf. Is
there anything else that I am missing. Oh and it does that
same thing without all the switches too. Any help is
appreciated.

Jeremy Buckner

PS: what is language.cfg my other boxes have run ok without
it but just curious..