Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:37:39 -0400
From:      "Eric Yang" <eric@yangonline.us>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: mouse speed

<Original Message>

>             I am pretty new to Freebsd and I am having a problem with
> the mouse.  It moves slowly across the screen, it seems I can the
> acceleration factor, but I really dislike acceleration, is there
anyway
> to make the mouse move at a faster constant speed.  Running freebsd
4.8
> stable, PIII 600, 256 ram, usb mouse plugged into PS2 port with
adapter.

<Response 1>

>In /etc/X11/XF86Config, look for the mouse section and insert this
line:

>Option "Resolution" "300"
>
>Bye,
>Sascha

<Response 2>

>man moused, and read about the -r option. You can use the actual dpi
number >if you know it, or just use 'high' and that works also.

>It works quite well.
>
>-Will

	Okay I tried both solution but neither worked.  Few more detail
I for got to include, it's a Logitech optical mouse and I am primarily
concerned with the mouse speed in KDE.  Just as a note to make sure I
didn't do anything wrong, I changed the file /etc/X11/XF86Config but
just by un ticking the line the read <Option "Resolution" "256"> and
changed the number to "300".  That made no noticeable change.  Next I
used the command <moused -r 300 -p /dev/sysmouse> also I did it with
"high" instead of "300" both time no noticeable difference.