Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2000 15:05:32 -0800
From:      "Rudy" <rudybulk@monkeybrains.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   WebCam - qcread error message

Whenever I run qcread, I get the following error:

 qcread: Image setup failed

I plugged in the parallel port and keyboard connectors.  Does anyone know
what this error is indicitive of?  (eg no power)?

Rudy

Here is my dmesg:
ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: SMC-like chipset (ECP/EPP/PS2/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppc0: FIFO with 16/16/16 bytes threshold
ppbus0: IEEE1284 device found /ECP
Probing for PnP devices on ppbus0:
ppbus0: <Logitech QuickCam Pro> MEDIA
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port

And here is my qcam.conf:
port    0x378   # /dev/lp1, the first printer port
porttype bidirectional
direction up
width   160
height 120
yoffset 0
xoffset 0
transfer 1
bpp     24      # 24-bit colors (color only)
brightness 180
contrast 104
hue 128
saturation 255