Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 12:50:08 -0700
From:      "Nathaniel Schein" <nschein@prisa.com>
To:        "Owner-Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Still having problems with NIS and AMD

I am still having problems integrating NIS and AMD. The original posting
yielded some really good information from knolegable sources. But the
problem is still there - AMD and NIS_CLIENT are mutually exclusive in my
3.2-R. Both cannot be invoked at the same time. The computer will hang
during boot on AMD following the invocation of YPBIND and NFSIOD. When
invoked by itself after a good boot the console will start giving me this
message:

yp_match: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out

Here are my configuration files. If you could give me some pointers it would
be much appreciated:

bsd# cat rc.conf
linux_enable="YES"
ibcs2_enable="YES"
saver="logo"
blanktime="1800"
nfs_client_enable="YES"
nfs_client_flags="-n 4"
tcp_extensions="YES"
network_interfaces="ep0 lo0"
ifconfig_ep0="inet 172.16.16.17  netmask 255.255.0.0"
#defaultrouter="172.16.128.2"
hostname="bsd.prisa.com"
# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- #
moused_port="/dev/psm0"

bsd# cat rc.conf.local
nisdomainname="prisa.com"
nis_client_enable="YES"
amd_enable="YES"
amd_flags="-nr -k i386 -l syslog -x all"
amd_map_program="ypcat -k amd.host"

bsd# ypcat -k amd.host
/home amd.home
/share amd.share

bsd# ypcat -k amd.home
test host==nister;type:=link;fs:=/usr/home/${key}
host!=nister;type:=nfs;rhost:=nister;rfs:=/usr/home/${key}

Nathaniel Schein :)
nschein@prisa.com