Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:16:33 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
To:        "Justin C Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Gavin Kenny" <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject:   RE: Recommend a NIC

	You DIDN'T just say that... DID you?!?

	*falls over laughing*

	The difference between a 3Com and a RealTek is only the price?  *shakes his
head and makes a note not to get a cable modem...*

	3Com NICs have some problems under FreeBSD, from what I've gathered on the
various lists.  RealTeks aren't even worth bothering with if you're planning
on having a useful system.  The consensus seems to be that you can't go
wrong with an Intel NIC.  While I personally don't have or use any Intel
NICs, I do use SMC and have never had a problem with one.

	Hey, Justin, thanks for the laugh...

--- Andy