Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:50:05 -0500
From:      "Steve Brown" <gtabug@prayforwind.com>
To:        "Bill Moran" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>, <marcel-lists@virtua.ch>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: What NIC to choose ?

I found the D-Link DFE 530 TX to work fine, shows up as Via Rhine in dmesg.
After running Windows98 my box must be turned off before running FreeBSD,
not just re-booted. Else the car shows up with an ethernet address of 0's
and won't work. This had me pulling my hair out for a while, at first I
thought the card was not compatible.

You probably know this link, but just in case you dont:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.4-RELEASE/HARDWARE.TXT

substitute your own release number