Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 21:04:12 -0800
From:      "Heredity Choice" <stork@QNET.COM>
To:        "err" <err@ohh.yi.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ppp help

To ascertain whether you have a hardware problem, try using cu. If your
modem is on cuaa1 (COM2), enter:
cu -l /dev/cuaa1
It should echo CONNECT.
If your ISP telephone number is 2676800 and you have a tone line, enter:
ATDT2676800
If it dials and connects, the problem was in your PPP.

For help with configuring your PPP, look at www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd

Paul Smith