Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 13:44:26 +0400
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@ipform.ru>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Allow rules for ipfw for active ftp

Hi!

Is it possive to allow active (as opposite to passive)
ftp connection using ipfw rules? I put my local network
behind a restrictive firewall (everything is denied by
default) and now i must form allow rules to allow
ftp connections. For passive connection everything is
ok (client connect to server on 21, servers tell where
to connect for data, client connect to server on that
port) but for active connections server must connect
to client on the port that client told the server. I think
I understood ftp protocol right. I cannot imaging
ipfw tules to allow the second (active) case. MAybe
someone has done it?

Artem