Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:44:58 +0530
From:      "Sanjay Bhattacharya" <sanbh@gmx.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:    DEL key problem solved

Hi,

  I have finally managed to solve the problem with the DEL key. I have
created a file .inputrc in my home directory. I have added these two lines:

RUBOUT: backward-delete-char
DEL: delete-char

I guess these two lines tell readline to use these two keys in the proper
manner while running bash.
And thats it. My DEL and backspace keys are working like they should. I must
thank all you guys who replied for providing me with valuable pointers as to
how to solve the problem. Thank you very much guys.

Regards,
Sanjay