Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:12:02 -0500
From:      "Nick Lozinsky" <nl3481@wi.rr.com>
To:        "Beauford" <beauford.2002@rogers.com>, "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mouse Problems

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beauford" <beauford.2002@rogers.com>
To: "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 5:03 PM
Subject: Mouse Problems

> I posted a question earlier regarding mouse problems, and concluded it
> was my keyboard that was the problem. Well, that wasn't the case. My
> keyboard was toast and my mouse did start working when I replaced the
> keyboard, but today it's back to the same thing (actually, it comes and
> goes). I messed around for a couple of hours and nothing, so I decided
> to install Slackware 8 to test to see if it worked there, and as I
> thought, there were no problems. It works fine on the console as well as
> X. I'd like to use FreeBSD and learn more about it, but not being able
> to use a mouse doesn't give me much confidence, cause I really can't
> believe it can be this hard to get a simple mouse to work in FreeBSD.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions.
>
> Thanks

What kind of mose is it? How did you install it? USB? Serial?

If it is connected through your keyboard, Im assuming its USB. I dont know
if there are different devices for USB peripherals, but using PS/2 or any
other mose, would use the serial device in /dev or the /dev/mouse or
something like that. Please elaborate.

Thanks.