Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:11:09 -0500
From:      "Jerry Sloan" <jerrys@fileproplus.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Adding an IDE drive where there is only scsi

Hello List,

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me solve. I am adding a 10 Gig
ide hard drive (for storage) to my FreeBSD 3.0 machine. The BSD machine has
only SCSI drives. I needed to go in and reconfigure my kernel because I had
previously commented out the IDE controller. I made the necessary changes
and did /usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL and was told to go to
../../compile/MYKERNEL and not to forget to do a make depend. So I cd'ed to
../../compile/MYKERNEL and ran make depend and got this error: make: don't
know how to make ../../i386/i386/genassym.c Stop. I have recompiled this
kernel numerous times with no errors. What might be the problem. I anxiously
wait a reply.

Jerry Sloan