Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:04:42 -0700
From:      "Anton Zavrin" <antonzav@pacbell.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Please help, updated to 4.8 serious issues

------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C305B3.75E71830

Greetings,
After I updated my FreeBSD box from 4.7 to 4.8 I "lost" my users, but
heck with users, what I mean by lost is that I can't login, when I try
to login as the root or a regular user it says:
pam_authanticate: permission denied
so, I went ahead and re-updated my box from the very beginning,
including unnecessary at this point cvsup. I used this command: make
buildworld && make buildkernel KERNCONF=mykern && make installkernel
KERNCONF=mykern && reboot so, everything went OK, but at the end when it
was almost done with kernel, it gave me error code 1, it reads:
Please see attachment, screenshot

What am I doing now, I'm scared ;-)

Big Thanks

Best Regards, Anton