Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:36:19 +0700
From:      "Arifin" <arifin@xfilesfan.com>
To:        "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@rush.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Start X-Window from User Login.

Hi Alfred,
I use FreeBSD 226,
when i edit login.conf a line "path" on default section not exist,
but in standard section have a line "path". so i add /usr/X11R6/bin
on standard section.

And then save it, cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf

But i type /usr/X11R6/bin/startx still appear "xinit: not found",

I use FreeBSD at home, i'm a newbies, just single PC, i use FreeBSD
for study Unix Like O/S...

Please give me a suggestion, where i do mistake config?

I install FreeBSD < 2 weeks ago, and create 2 user without group.
i type a ls -l xinit in "/usr/X11R6/bin" appear:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 16384 Mar 1 1998 xinit
what possible problem is a user control list setting?

TIA,
-arifin

ps: sorry for poor english.