Date:      Wed, 28 May 2003 17:58:58 +0300
From:      "Petri Helenius" <pete@he.iki.fi>
To:        "David Xu" <davidxu@freebsd.org>, "Daniel Eischen" <eischen@pcnet5.pcnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: malloc(): error: recursive call

>Unfortunatly I have run your test program for five minutes without problem.

I think we?re getting close. I suspect you didn?t link the binary static?

With same object file and othervise same link line, if I remove -static it runs fine,
if I link the binary with -static it fails within a first few seconds.

Now, thread guru?s, what happens differently when running statically linked
binary? It?s compiled and linked and run on the same box than the non-static one.

Pete