Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 2003 09:15:37 -0700
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        "Dan" <dan@ntlbusiness.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan" <dan@ntlbusiness.com>
To: "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc: <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2003 8:59 AM

> On Sunday 19 October 2003 4:53 pm, you wrote:
> > tail -f /var/log/security
>
> Hi - I don't see anything happening when I type that (or read the file
> afterward) of when the laptop attempts to connect to something.

/var/log/security is the default place ipfw logs.  I just checked my kernel
conf file and found you need this line to include logging:

options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      #enable logging to syslogd(8)

If you don't have it, add it and recompile.

> This is very, very strange!
> Yet, it works fine with those silly little rules!!!
>
> Thanks again for your reply.

You're welcome.  I know how frustrating it can be.  But when you get it
right, it's all worth it.  :)

Drew