Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:52:00 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Fenix" <fenix@xs4some.net>, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: default site for all distfiles

> Hi, i have a question about setting the master_site variable
> i would like to make it possible to try my local site before any other
site.

By default, the ports subsystem tries to find the package in
/usr/ports/distfiles.  If you are running some form of distfiles-mirror,
perhaps between multiple servers, you may wish to NFS mount your "distfiles"
mirror at /usr/ports/distfiles on each client machine - that way if a
distfile is downloaded by any machine it will be immediately available to
all the others.

--
Matt Emmerton