Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 01:53:00 -0600
From:      GB Clark II <gclarkii@geektech.com>
To:        Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>, Paul Andrews <andrews@powersurfr.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Building New Kernel

Hello,

I run 4.2-STABLE here.

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Micke Josefsson wrote:
--CUT--
>To stir it up a bit I use set #2 as an old habit. And it works for me.

I also use #2.

>I use a SB16 PCI and have these lines in my kernel-config:
>
>device          pcm0 at isa? port?        irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x15
>device          sbc0 at isa? port 0x220   irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x15

I've got a SB16 PNP.
I've got PNP OS turned on in my BIOS so the system sets the variables for me.
I use the following which should work for the PCI cards also.
device 		pcm
device		sbc

Thats all you should need.  the int and stuff should be handled by the
system.

GB

--
GB Clark II            | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@GeekTech.COM  | General Geek