Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 00:08:06 -0500
From:      Eric Parkin <eparkin@op.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MAKEDEV

Hello,

    I recently installed FreeBSD 4.2 on my home box.  I've set the system up
the way I like, and recently modified and recompiled the kernel to include
support for my ESS based Sound Card.  Following the howtos and what nots, I
reached the step for "sh MAKEDEV snd0" only to find that I do not have MAKEDEV
on my system.. I did the various 'whereis MAKEDEV' commands, etc. and have
found absolutely nothing.  I have the 'man' pages for 'MAKEDEV' though that
seems to be the extent of it.  my /dev directory doesn't have 'MAKEDEV' either.
Where can I get 'MAKEDEV' and/or what do I need to for the equivalent of the
'sh MAKEDEV snd0' command?  Any and all assistance is greatly apprecaited.

/* eparkin @ op.net - ESP Motorsports - '96 SCCA NEDiv Solo I
Rally Champion    http://www.op.net/~eparkin/esp - Also visit:
www.doemainofourown.com      */