Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:40:22 -0000
From:      "James Raftery" <jraftery@wrdp.com>
To:        <john@T-F-I.freeserve.co.uk>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Disabling reverse DNS

Hi John,

'FreeBSD' isn't making the DNS requests. Some application or other is,
such as applications that make us of tcp_wrappers. You will need to
determine which application is causing the DNS queries and configure it
not to. To give an example, tcpdump takes a "-n" option to stop it
making reverse lookups for IP addresses it grabs from packets.

Regards,

james