Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 13:13:55 -0700
From:      "Scott Reese" <sreese@codysbooks.com>
To:        "Tom Beer" <mailings@analogon.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /kernel arp

Tom Beer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I configured my network devices and
> get every minute or so the following output
> on every console:
> Aug  8 21:54:31 /kernel: arp: 192.168.1.1 is on rl0 but \
> got reply from 00:00:cb:59:bc:c8 on rl1
>
> What does this mean? How to troubleshoot?
>
> Thanks Tom

Tom,

Have you checked your rc.conf settings?  This happned to me once and I found
that I had specified the wrong network card for natd_interface.  (i.e. I had
natd_interface="rl0" instead of natd_interface="rl1"; rl1 is the card that
sends/receives traffic to/from the Internet and rl0 is the interface for my
internal network).

I hope this helps.  If this isn't your problem, then do you have any more
info you can share about your setup?

-Scott