Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 15:54:11 -0500
From:      Mitch Shaw <zeidaot@l1.conline.com>
Subject:   Does anybody have a HP Laserjet 4L on there FreeBSD box?

Does anybody have a HP Laserjet 4L on there FreeBSD box? I have configured
my printer the way the FreeBSD handbook says to do i.e." edit your /etc/printcap
and create a text filter. Well it prints like a dream the line feeds are perfect
carriage returns are perfect but it prints way to dam slow. A paragraph take 15
minutes. My printcap and text filter is as follows.

text filter..
printf "\033&k2G" && printf "\" && exit 0
exit 2

printcap...
lp|HP|Laserjet|Hewlett Packard| Laserjet 4L:\
	:lp=/dev/lpt0:sh:sd=/var/spool/lpd/output/lpd:mx#0:\
	:if=/usr/local/libexec/hplaser:

I was wondering if thats an incorrect escape sequence?
Ps: My printer only has 1 meg.. But I don't think thats why its printing so slow.

				Thanks Mitch..